Friday, June 19, 2009

Pretty Pictures


I have started up and then abandoned so many blogs. It's reading other peoples' blogs that always makes me go back and want to start up again!

The other blog I currently "run" is The Picture of Pretty(http://thepictureofpretty.blogspot.com/). It's been over three months since I posted anything there, in fact I'd forgotten I even had it! But I obsessed over the masthead for so long with that one that I've decided to let it stand. And that Isaac Mizrahi bow sleeve on a tangerine dress is such lovely eye candy that it mustn't be put to waste.

Or (worse) forgotten.

I am trying to curtail my decades' long habit of reading the high fashion magazines (Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, etc.) Figure it wasn't helping my Everywoman body image issues. But ... I do miss the breathtaking dresses! The editorial layouts, particularly in Vogue, especially the Spring and Fall versions.

Sigh.

Like Popeye said, I am what I am what I am. And what I am is a very visual person. With a very harmless vice.

Bring on the glossies!

No comments:

Post a Comment