Monday, November 30, 2009

Apartment update.


The place is coming along.

There will eventually be a big moving-day push but for now I am bringing over a half-dozen or so boxes at a time. Am I reluctant to move? No, mostly I'm exhausted and overwhelmed. Excited, yes. Overwhelmed, too. I am thanking my own good sense (finally got some) in planning ahead for this financially speaking. All through my 20's and 30's I was a fool around money. Wow, saving money! Window shopping instead of impulse buying! There is a kind of Yankee pride in this thriftiness, I must admit. When you really stop and think "would I rather have this item in my home than $____ in my pocket?", it throws a different light on things. I retired my debit card and checks and use cash for everything nowadays, so I can see right away when those presidential flash cards start leaking out of my wallet.

I must say, I don't like the leaking of the green. Makes me irritable!

There is the occasional minor splurge, however, on an item that is so "me", so "must have" and so reasonably priced that I don't even try to resist. Case in point: the Queen's Red Rooster plate (above). I'm buying just the one, as it's going to hang on the wall of my red and white kitchen, with a few other plates. (Yes, I'm a plate hanging kind of person).

Love roosters. Love plates on the wall. Love a red and white kitchen.

Don't love moving.
Blurgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment