Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Brand new banner!



I've just this morning re-designed my blog's banner, and although it will take a while to get used to it after having had the same one for a few years, I like it.

It reflects the direction the blog has over time.  It's become more overtly feminine, reflects my ever-growing love of pink, retains the pale yellow I will always enjoy, and puts the perfection of sumptuous flowers front and center. 

I retained the stripes, which for me hearken back to the 30's and 40's, hatboxes and the golden age of retail emporiums.  The script font is also anachronistic, in a welcome way.  It reminds me of early 20th century typeface.

To my mind there's also reference to old fashioned amusement parks, arcades, candy shops ... all wonderful!  And playful.  The colors are tea party/tissue paper pale.

So there it is ... I am notorious for perfectionism and will be tempted to go back and tweak it, but I'm trying to resist.  I've used MS Paint to do the whole thing -- it's all I know how to work with -- but there's a lot you can do with Paint and imagination!

If you like it, please let me know.  I look forward to commments and feedback!


 

6 comments:

  1. I love the color combination, the pink and yellow. Very vibrant and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim!

    I did re-tool it a little ... made the stripes brighter, added blue edges ... it just looks more "finished" to me now.

    :) Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the ballet theme this last little while. the vodianova shoot must have been so fun for that vogue crowd to put together. cheers dear!

    oh must add, i like the new banner. very crisp like an old hat box. but i liked the old banner too! (it was new to me.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mlle Paradis, thank you!

    You're spot on about the new banner, the "hat box" vibe. My grandmother had a couple of hatboxes in her closet and they had that feel to them ... I'm sure there was at least one with stripes.

    The ballet theme will surely recur ... it's one that I never really grow tired of :).

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the banner!!! It is absolutely perfect!!!!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin,

    Thank you!

    I'm happy enough with it that I think I'm done tinkering.

    Yours in pursuit of the pretty,

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete