Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Zzzzzzzzz's.

@ fredflare.com

I am going in for a sleep study this Sunday night. Ever had one of these? I vaguely remember having one six or seven years ago, and on the whole they're no big deal. Not if you don't mind being hooked up with electrodes like Frankenstein to a hundred different machines.

(OK, I exaggerate. Maybe ten machines).

The hope is that they will figure out why I am so tired all of the time. Narcolepsy? Sleep apnea? Disco dancing in the wee hours, which I have absolutely no recall of? We'll see if the mad scientists can figure it out.

Til tomorrow it's lights out ... sweet dreams.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice message :) I am trying to figure out this blog stuff :) I have opened a new ship on etsy. I will be selling altered art and vintage jewelry. Come by and take a peek. I will put more altered art soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the do sleep studies on insomniacs? If they do, then maybe I need to get one too! Good luck, and keep us posted on how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belle Jolie,

    I think it'd be a good idea to discuss it with your primary care doc if the insomnia is really an issue. If there's something underlying it that can be addressed, why not do it?

    Insomnia is ROTTEN tomatoes! Sorry to hear you suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Laurie :) I'm just a natural born insomniac! I've mentioned it to my physician, and of course she prescribes sleeping pills which I unfortunately cannot take because I'm too paranoid that I will fall asleep completely (which would be nice) and not hear my toddler cry if there's an emergency! =O

    ReplyDelete