Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Down With Love (2003)

I've been watching one of my favorite movies, Down With Love. It's a send-up of the Doris Day/Rock Hudson "sex comedies" of the 1960's and stars Renee Zellwegger. More importantly, it's got Ewan McGregor, who for my money is just about the most sizzling thing that ever walked on two legs. (The eyes darling, it's the eyes!)












The movie is frothy fun and has style for miles. From the sets to the suits, this is eye candy! Renee Zellwegger as best-selling author Barbara Novak changes outfits so many times I lost count after the first hour. Her editor, played by Sarah Paulson, is a young feminist on her way up the corporate ladder. Except that she's still expected to fetch the coffee.

(Men!)

Down With Love winks at every other turn in an effort to fly you to the moon, while serenading in full-on Hi-Fi mode.

"Sha-doo-ba-doo-ba, baby!"


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this movie! They play it every now and again on HBO and I always watch it. Love the costumes. And when she takes her hat off and her hair is red! Perfection.

    Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really cute movie. Very stylish, clever, and charming. And of course Ewan is adorable, as is Renee. I have not seen the original version, but I'll bet it is just as fun.

    ReplyDelete