Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sandra Lee's Tea Party Recipes

I was completely beguiled by Sandra Lee's 30 minute program on the Food Network this morning, in which she showed prep and presentation of a very pink-a-licious tea party brunch menu:




* Cherry Pecan Spread on Corn Muffins

* Tuscan Tomato Soup with Basil

* Smoked Turkey and Pear Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette

* Strawberry Meringue Cookies

* Green Tea Soda w/Mixed Berries
Recipes available at the site. Not that I cook, but I sure do love watching other people cook!


p.s. Yes, I am breaking my vow not to blog over the weekend. No, I don't care. It's too hot and humid to do a single thing outside (unless you're a reptile) so I'm doing inside things today. I'm listening to Bay City Rollers songs today. I'm watching movies like "Down With Love" to keep myself amused today. I'm trying to get through the too-serious Austen novel Persuasion today (faltering in that effort). In short ... I am trying NOT to blog but I'm not entirely successful.

So what? As an easygoing friend of mine once said, "When the earth is a huge ball of ice burtling towards its final destination, is it going to matter?"

Well, no. Not really.


:-)




2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh, my dear, I know exactly where you're coming from. The last couple of weeks in particular have been stiflingly hot and humid on this end, too. One's brain feels like it's melting into a pool of wax and the ability to focus almost flies out the window.

    Hopefully autumn will role into town soon for both of us so we can get some much needed respite and a return to clear thoughts! ;D

    Wishing you a gorgeous - and cool! - Sunday,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,

    The way I see it, there are just a few more weeks left of unreasonable weather ... then wonderful Autumn and Winter (which goes on far too long in the Northeast but does give way to a brief but intensely lovely Spring).

    We got a good downpour here about an hour ago which did nada to stifle the humidity.

    Like I wrote ... weather for reptiles! And ducks ;).

    ReplyDelete