Thursday, August 6, 2009

Vacation!



I'm going away for just over a week and will be blissfully "unplugged"... I hope to come back refreshed and ready to face the slowly waning summer days. It is always bittersweet when those cool nights start creeping back in after a brief, tempestuous New England summer.

I found my "traveling" book today in the cool recess of a downtown shop, with a brief but fortuitious dip into "Darcy's Passions: Pride and Prejudice Retold Through His Eyes". No matter how expertly written, a re-telling of the beloved story through the eyes of Mr. Darcy is a risky choice for someone who has never read anything but the Original Article. However, I remain so enamored of the enigmatic Darcy that I'm willing to give it a go. And $14.95, which to me seems too large a sum for a paperback book. (Yes, those are Granny-scale economics. Far too stingy in such an important matter. Tsk tsk).

I appreciate all of you who visit my little blog and thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please feel free to continue doing so. When I return home they'll be posted and eventually replied to (depending upon how rough the re-entry into "reality" is).

Be safe and well and live in the moment, toujours.



4 comments:

  1. Be safe, have a wonderful time and I look forward to your return! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie~
    I just noticed the comment you left on my "Simply Saralee" blog. So nice of you to stop by and leave me such a sweet comment. I would love it if you featured some of my digital art. How awesome would that be. I have had a busy summer and have a very busy few weeks ahead. After it settles down I will post some more.
    Have a wonderful and blessed week!
    Hugs~ Saralee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful and safe time!
    Monica.

    ReplyDelete