Monday, July 25, 2011

Moving to Pinterest?



Rumor has it that Blogger is going away!

See story HERE.

Well, it's not so much going away as being re-branded.  No longer called Blogger, but "google blogs" instead. 

This might be the time for me to switch Buttercup Bungalow over to Pinterest ...








... which, like tumblr, is a quicker way to blog (there's got to be a word for "picture blogging" ... is there?  I'm so behind the technical times).

Once I can figure out how to actually "pin" images from my blog to my own Pinterest board, I may begin to move my favorite images from this blog over to Pinterest.

What I really do nowdays here  on Buttercup is post photo sets anyway.  It keeps my design mind and imagination active, and allows me to to indulge my "girly girl" tendencies without making people around me gag.  (I don't have a lot of girly girl friends in real life).

Anyway ... if and when I do start moving things over to Pinterest, I'll surely let you know. 

Thanks for reading!


Laurie



3 comments:

  1. Laurie -I must say - the thought of blogger going away puts me in a little panic. I don't know why but Pinterest is confusing to me. This is the first I have heard of this... Thank you for the heads up!
    I love being a girly girl! Off to follow you on pinterest right now! If I can fuigure it out...
    Have a PRETTY day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say that I like the name "Google Blogs" (boring!). But I hope that Google will improve some things for blogging, like easy and stylish customization options.

    As you know, I love Pinterest. It is not really like a blog, to me, so much as a gorgeous collage board for inspiration.

    Each site has its merits, I guess. Thanks for the heads-up on Blogger, Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first I've hear of this. I too post a TON of photos on my blog, so this might be right up my alley. I'll check out pinterest, thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete