Saturday, July 11, 2009

scrap happy: cosmic cricket

I am really very new to this whole world of design/craftiness and am just enjoying the heck out of all the new and wonderful things there are to be seen! Just when I think I've seen the absolutely "best" thing, well ... I find out I'm wrong.

Maybe it's just that there's room in my heart for all of it. Everyday I find there is something new that just sends my mind to racing with excitement at the possibilities, or even just the marvelous ingenuity of artists/designers. I realize this makes me something of a nerd, but so be it.

Happiness is where you find it, I say!

Cosmo Cricket (which I know is a familiar name to many readers) has bunches of items like these, which are from their "Early Bird" line:




I particularly like the smiling toaster, toast and coffee cup. There's something about anthropormorphizing food and kitchen-y stuff that tickles me. I think it might go back to the days of the snack bar commercials during intermissions at drive-in theatres. Remember the dancing soda cup and hotdog? Now THAT was entertainment.


And what a blooming bunch of borders these are. Retro in a quaint way. My favorite may be the one that reads "If people were meant to pop out of bed, we'd all sleep in toasters." Hah! Ain't it so.

1 comment:

  1. I'd never heard of Cosmo Cricket. I adore the images you've posted so I must go take a peek. The dancing soda and hotdog! What a fabulous memory! I forgot all about those! I do love the new adds with the paper bag puppets too. :) Cece

    ReplyDelete