Tuesday, July 28, 2009

blog happy: Charm-O-Matic (or curiouser and curiouser) ...




The lively, unstudied fun of Charm-O-Matic makes it one of my favorite recent finds.

I bumbled (my usual method) backwards into this goodness while perusing the August issue of Country Living. Their "fresh picks" (page 38) jumped up and said "Hello, you!" (No really, it did. I swear). Particularly the image of Tokyo Milk's Sparrow Perfume bottle, which stopped me short.

"Irresistible!" I said, to nobody in particular except the cat. "There must be more of this deliciousness."






Goggling led to Googling and an image search (which included a stopover at beautyhabit for a look at the entire range of "parfumarie curiousite") and landed square on the Boardwalk-blue deliciousness of Charm-O-Matic.

In December, the blog featured Tokyo Milk's "Let Them Eat Cake" flavored lip balm.





I hardly care what's in the box, I just want That Box! Is it possible to be a packaging design addict? That's all I want to know. If it is, I am in serious need of help.

Anyhow, the moral of the story is that if you let your curiosity lead you amiably from one good thing to another, you might just end up finding something even better than what you started with. Rather like falling happily down the rabbit hole. Wondering at how curious it all is. Wondering just where that rabbit went.




You know ... the one with the waistcoat.


(I'm feeling very Alice-y today!)


4 comments:

  1. What a darling post! I too have felt like Alice while surfing the net, but had not put it into words until I read your blog. Such a great metaphor for getting lost in cyberspace.

    Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you requested to use one of our pictures, I saved your blog on our favorites and have been checking back in. I'm so dumb, I didn't realize it only saved that post and thought you hadn't posted since June 28! Thankfully, I discovered today that you have been and I have missed some fantastic posts. I have been catching up and I love what you do! You have a fascinating and beautiful blog! Have a great day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SO much, ladies!! I love creating this blog and sharing it is a thrill when I hear that other people like what I do.

    There is an incredible amount of inspiration out there in the world, so bringing things together has become one of my absolute favorite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete