Thursday, October 7, 2010

Still thinking about colors ...



The "what to paint my walls" saga continues.




While I am VERY attracted to strong colors in the pink/lilac/mauve family, I've pretty much concluded that I am going to have to go with a very, very pale version of one of these -- probably the lilac -- for my apartment.  It might be so pale, in fact, that it might be technically white -- with a lilac cast to it.

As you can see from the photo above, there are colors that definitely work with lilac, and are NOT boring or pastel.  This is important to keep in mind, as I want to move away from little girl's room and towards stylish pad.

I tried too cool/icy/pastel the first paint sample go-round and it was just too light.  Then I tried darker colors and they were too dark.   I posted swatches on my facebook page for friends to weigh in (and they did).  Who knew it would be this hard?!  Perhaps I've read too many shelter magazines by now ... I've seen hundreds of rooms designed by people at the top of their game, photographed by the most talented people in the field. 

Bottom line?

It really all depends upon what looks right on the walls of MY particular space, working within the confines of my (comparatively tiny) budget -- as it intersects with my ambitious imagination -- well, that doesn't seem so simple, BUT I hold on to my dream of finding just the right wall color to kick start the rest of my apartment makeover (which may well take a few years ... but I'll get there!)

I'm not going anywhere, this is it for the foreseeable future, and it has to look good to ME.  The cat will like whatever I like, so long as I am here to feed, water and love on her.

And that's not going to change, ever.  Wherever she is, that's my home, because she's my heart. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment