Friday, October 8, 2010

I've picked my new paint colors!



Living room and hallway: 






 
Bedroom and bathroom:

Benjamin Moore Shell Pink:




The top color is lighter on my walls than the swatch suggests.  

Painting is expensive, I've found, in calculating how many gallons I'll need -- and I'm using the good paint (Benjamin Moore) because the right color really is about 90% of getting it right.

Just ask the editors of House Beautiful, who in their recent "bookazine" 500+ Best Paint Colors featured primarily (75%) Benjamin Moore selections.





 
I had this publication in my hands but decided not to buy it when I realized it cost more than the usual issue price.  Regrettable decision.

I did manage to find out, though, that Peace and Happiness is one of their selections, in the "best neutrals" category.  Yes, a lilac that's a neutral!  I kid you not.  This is a shade you really can do a lot with.  It is welcoming that way, without being boring.

Let the transformation begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment