Sunday, October 10, 2010

The mean reds.





Three o'clock in the afternoon is the time at which I fall into the rabbit hole (and not in a good way) nearly every day.  Things are more or less humming along, and then all at once it's as though feeling good enough, functioning quite nicely, or even just reasonably well was just a dream from which I awake abruptly.




By "the mean reds" I am referring to Audrey Hepburn's Holly Golightly character in Breakfast at Tiffany's, who says "The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?"

Thinking of Audrey makes it better, though.  In fact, I think it's time to pop Breakfast at Tiffany's in while the reds turn to pink, then fade away entirely for another day ...




1 comment:

  1. I'm having a little afternoon crash myself. It is just a matter of having another cup of coffee, to repair the plummeting caffeine levels. Nothing too serious.(also having a couple of oreo cookies, yum)

    ReplyDelete