Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dream Closet

OK, so everybody runs all kinds of fashion photos on their style blogs.  And I've been known to post a few of my own.  The thing is, I really don't much care for a lot of what passes for fashion nowadays.  Maybe it's a younger person's game now, I don't know.

What I DO know is clothes I would love to wear when I see them.  And since I am embarking on a major (with a big M) weight loss journey, I will eventually be able to wear clothes like these without worrying that although I may be the best dressed person in the room, I'll also be the largest.

"One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong" ...

I've been such a large size for so many years that I am reaaaallly looking forward to fitting into cute clothes again.  It's been too many years since I could shop sizes that didn't have an X after the number.  And the choices in that range, trust me, are very rarely flattering.

So for what it's worth, this post will be a running one.  I'll be adding to it, occasionally subtracting from it (when I look back and think "where was my head?")  The only requirement?  These clothes, jewelry and accessories have to SING to me.  I have to be able to envision myself in them, feeling and looking fabbity-fabulous and self-assured, whether they're casual or dressy.

This is where I'm going to post a whole lot of inspiration for myself.  Losing all this weight is going to be hard, and as much as I know I've got to lose it for health reasons, I've got to admit that the prospect of post-fat shopping is going to be like a birthday party. 

A truly great birthday party!

p.s.  Because I love gowns so much (and hope to somebody have a reason to wear (a non-bridal) one, I am going to keep them off of this post.  Otherwise they'd crowd pretty much everything else out.  I'll likely start a completely new post for those.




Ann Taylor



Ann Taylor




J. Crew




J. Crew



J. Crew





J. Crew




J. Crew


(If you're still with me at this point, you realize I have an obvious obsession with cute little jackets) ...




J. Crew




J. Crew


(The two above remind me of Sharon Stone showing up at the Oscars in a Gap shirt and long, full skirt.  So gamine-meets-glamour, loved it on sight).




J. Crew

(I will never get over my 80's obsession with the ballet flat).





J. Crew

(A touch of military makes this jacket sheer perfection).




Toast





Boden







Carolina Herrera, Jr. (that's her on the left with eternally chic Mom Carolina Herrera).







Boden






Bright Lights, Big City Necklace

Kate Spade


(I'll admit to a fantasy-type fascination with NYC as it appears in certain movies and television shows.  Sex and the City, anybody?)





Roger Vivier

(love that iconic buckle -- timeless)



... to be continued ...



No comments:

Post a Comment