Friday, December 26, 2008

Thinking pink at Christmas.

Like many people, I grew up thinking that the only colors that counted at Christmas were red and green, with the occasional gold and silver thrown in for good measure. Now that I'm a grown-up, I get a do-over. I can make Christmas look just like what I want it to, in my home and imagination. My latent fascination with pink (which didn't rear its head 'til I was 40) has made its way into my favored holiday palette, and I'm not the only one!

Over at The White Bench (a pretty blog with the CUTEST doggy Santa), I spied these lovelies:



Delightful, aren't they? Thanks to Monica for photo permission.

Leave it to Mary Engelbreit and the Home Companion people to rosy up Christmas in a memorable way, which they've done in the December issue. This is some no-holds barred, fun and fancy Christmas finery -- a kind of birthday party for Christmas itself.







1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much, Laurie! It was so sweet of you (Kim's veeeery proud, too!!)...

    And Mary Engelbreit's mag features pink Christmas lovelies to perfection!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Monica.

    ReplyDelete