Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Letter







Today I wrote the letter
The words were graceful and clear
In this act of my un-mooring.






The long hoped for day
After the noise and the fight and
All the words unsaid. 






Now the story has been told.
Print has fallen from the pages
In my exultant hour.









Where will the music come from
When I wake in the birdless night
To furious silence?







The laughing stars in disarray
They mock and quarrel
And leave me lonely.








At the edge of the sea.
Where time disappears
I shall cast my emptiness on the water.







And hope to dream in miniature
Of fresh hollows and tender beds of green
And new birdsong. 










The animals appear and they know
Cloaked in their forms and furs
Together we will hibernate and hum.







Until the birds return
On wings the color of sky
Flying unafraid and free. 





1 comment:

  1. Laurie, This is one of the loveliest posts I have ever seen! The words, the images... (sigh) bliss! You have just made my night so much more pleasant. I'm sure I will have sweet dreams tonight, after seeing such beauty.

    ReplyDelete