Sunday, September 18, 2011

Those certain shades of blue ....



I never really was a big fan of blue, until I began blogging (that is to say, collecting images in earnest) a couple of years ago. 
Now it's one of my favorite hues ... it just has to be the right kind of blue, and all of these are.


 











Heartbeat Oz/tumblr


(Almost aqua, but not quite ... )


 













 













I did a post a few days ago about how the Summer shades of blue are slowly fleeting for the year, and I guess I needed to remind myself that although blue has many faces -- in fact, precisely because it has so many faces -- it is flexible, versatile and adaptable to the entire calendar year.

Although I can't say I've ever seen a blue Valentine (not even the film) ...


p.s.  Since beginning my Pinterest boards, I've begun gathering new followers here to the blog.  My curiosity is piqued, and although I don't know how much feedback I'll get (Buttercup has been pretty non-interactive, as I'm so caught up in my other blog), I would like to know why you signed on, and -- for those of you who've been hanging around for a while (the silent majority?) -- what is it you like best about my blog?

How would you describe it to others?

Do you ever share it with friends?

I realize the blog is extremely "web 1.0" looking, but I'm looking for quality of content here more than anything else.  I spend (probably too much) time looking at images on-line and in magazines, so my eye knows precisely what I like.  If I don't absolutely LOVE an image, it doesn't get on here. 

Trust me, that leaves a whole lot of pictures in the discard pile :-)

This blog is a space for me to let my completely dreamy, enthusiastic, emotional, visual-seeking self take flight.  My actual environment and mode of dress looks barely like anything here, but a gal can dream, and this is where I do some of that dreaming.  It's where a side of me comes out that not very many people know.

Thank you for being here and sharing in my little curated gallery of lovely things.  A beautiful thing is twice as lovely when shared.


Laurie


p.p.s.  If you don't Pinterest yet, you have to start!



 

1 comment:

  1. Such dreamy blue imagery!

    Your blog is one I return to again and again for inspiring, Laurie, for the romantic, feminine, soft loveliness you share. When I need a little pick-me-up, your beautiful images always do the trick.

    Happy blogging and pinning! :)

    ReplyDelete